[mythtv-users] daft newbie questions :-)

Chris Palmer mythtv at zencow.com
Sat Mar 29 21:54:54 UTC 2003

Mike...

I don't have first-hand experience with it, since I never installed
the 4191 driver, but some folks on the list have reported performance
problems.  I did a quick look thru the list archive and found this
from about a week ago.  This link gets you into the relevant part of
the thread where folks mention the issue:

  http://gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/Locks_Up_and_Slow_Performance_P55093/#55435

I pulled this snippet from there, which gives you a link to *even*
more to read about it on the NVidia forums. :)

Gregorio Gervasio wrote on March 21,2003, 1:50am:
> Here's a long discussion with reports of 2D performance
> problems with the 1.0-4191 drivers:
>
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=a6e76319689ed72255686de1a0ca141d&threadid=4997
>
> Anyway, nVidia is aware of the problem.

Hope that helps!