[mythtv-users] Playback Quality Question

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Sat Mar 29 10:15:39 UTC 2003

> Just was wondering what everyone else was getting with this speed or
> similar processor.  What should I be able to get, and what suggestions
> if any does anyone have to speed things up a bit.  I was considering
> trying gbuffers=64 in modules.conf perhaps that would fix something.
> Otherwise I dont know what else I could try.  Thanks.

First off if you are using KDE or Gnome, then try killing xdm, etc.  Create
the .twmrc from the contrib folder as shown and startx up with fwmrc.  This
for me gives about 10-15% more resources to use with mythtv.

For example on my dual 933Mhz machine, video skips at 576x576 under kde, but
appears to be almost skip free under fwmrc.