[mythtv-users] Best stereo TV tuner card for Linux?

Ralph Little ralph.little at tribaldata.co.uk
Thu Mar 27 10:32:13 UTC 2003

Hi,
I guess that there will be less loss/noise and one less bit of wire around
the back of the PC, not to mention the fact that you get your LineIN
connector back for use with other things...

Also, generally, there have been a few problems with newbies to MythTV
getting sound to work along the lines of "my sound is out of sync with the
video" and "when I shutdown MythTV, the sound is not muted" where they have
forgot to mute LineID and set it to record etc. etc.

I guess that if you have a working system, that is satisfactory, I can't
think of any good reason to change it.
Getting btaudio to work can be just as much a headache depending on your
individual setup....

Regards,
Ralph