[mythtv-users] Btaudio and ATI TV Wonder VE

Chris cisip at sprintmail.com
Tue Mar 25 02:41:15 UTC 2003

btaudio allows the tuner sound output to be accessed directly without
the need to pipe it into a line input of a soundcard.  Btaudio will
assign a /dev/dsp device to it.  Thats why you dont need a cable to run
from the tuner audio out to your sound card audio in.  In my case, it
did create a couple of /dev/dsp devices for the ati tv wonder ve.  One
for digital and one for analog but accessing both with sox and piping it
to the /dev/dsp of my soundcard for output to my speakers results in no
sound.  For the regular tv wonder, it works.  I am using the version of
bttv built in Redhat 8.  I think it is .6.  I dont know what tvaudio
is.

Chris <cisip at sprintmail.com>