[mythtv-users] Locks Up and Slow Performance

Fri Mar 21 09:49:44 UTC 2003

> MPEG4 also a CPU hog, so I've had to reduce the
> capture resolution on my Athlon XP 2100+ to 512x480
> just so it can keep up. It might be time to
> investigate some overclocking!

I have an ATI Radeon, however, until I changed from 24bit video mode to 16 bit video mode performance was extremely bad.  Also not having DMA switched on is a complete performance killer and it seems that many distributions do not switch this on by default (hdparm -d1 /dev/hda)

Ed