[mythtv-users] A Couple Newbie Questions

JC johnmythtv at crombe.com
Fri Mar 21 03:58:45 UTC 2003

Hi Mike,

I can help with two of those questions...

1) With KDE, I set the taskbar to "autohide" (forget what they call it
exactly).  This has worked great for me.  When using my infrared remote with
Myth, it's always invisible, yet when I grab the mouse and whip down to the
bottom of the screen, it pops up and is there for me to switch around, start
tasks etc.  Basically, out of the way when I don't need it.

2) That "strange error flushing buffer" message has been there for ages.
The developers have reported that it's "nothing to worry about".  Some have
suggested that it be made a bit more informative or less "error sounding",
but you can relax, your system is running great if that's the only message
you see.

Take care,
JC

P.S. As far as the color issue, I've got a Matrox G200 card myself and found
that tuning the registers for the card let me set brightness, saturation and
contrast and with an hour or two of playing I got it looking very good.
Don't know about your card as you don't say.