[mythtv-users] Slow Performance

Jason James jason_james_97 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 01:02:56 UTC 2003

--- thor <mythtv at lamedomainname.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 20 March 2003 07:46 pm, Jason James
> wrote:
>

> > > 	./configure --enable-lcd
> > >
> > > 	when you built the core myth stuff, did you?
> >
> > No. I guess you're saying this isn't normal ;-)
>

> 	It's just that until very recent CVS (yesterday) if
> you built in lcd support
> and then weren't actually running LCDd, then libmyth
> would spend all spare
> CPU cycles trying to open an impossible socket
> connection.
>
> 	Obviously not what's going on in your case, but may
> help others following the
> thread.

I'm wondering if it's the video driver. X is using all
of the CPU during these times. If I switch
mythfrontend from 1280x1024 (my screen resolution) to
something smaller, then the CPU hit is smaller. At
800x600 it only uses 50% CPU for a page down in the
Schedule a Recording screen. Still that seems high.

Is the GeForce2 driver from NVidia a dog? Or is it
something else?

./jj