[mythtv-users] DVD in myth TV

Drew Whittle drew at lug.net.nz
Mon Mar 17 22:12:36 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 07:05, Ben Brown wrote:
> I've seen many people mention this, and I thought I'd make a quick post.
> If you want to be able to play DVD's from you mythtv, you might try just
> using a 3rd party piece of software and editing your menu.xml's.  I've

I used to have a button in the main menu that exec'd mplayer for DVD's,
but I found a better way (imho)

Add this to mythvideo-settings.txt

dvd_helper=/usr/bin/mplayer -alang en -ao alsa9 -vo xv -dvd 1 -cache
4096

and on the profile_movies= line add dvd.

Now go to you video storage directory and create a Symlink called
someting like "Play a DVD.dvd"

fire up Mythvideo and select the link (with a dvd in the drive)

Enjoy your DVD...

:D