[mythtv-users] Screen turns off after 15 minutes

Chris Palmer mythtv at zencow.com
Sat Mar 15 02:08:31 UTC 2003

Ryan A. Carris wrote
> Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> >
> > Did you read the HOWTO?
> > http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-17.html#ss17.7
> >

> Please note that some distros (mandrake) do funny things. I've followed
> the How-To instructions and they worked perfectly for KDE.  But if I use
> the mandrake packages for blackbox or icewm, the screen still goes blank
> after 15 minutes.

remember, there are 2 things going on here:
- power management (DPMS)
- screen saver

you have to shut both off in order to keep the
screen from blanking or the monitor from shutting
off on you.

of course, I don't run mandrake, so I can't speak
for whatever oddities it might have.  You might have
to hunt things down in the configs to completely turn
it off, but the xset commands I use with the wrapper
scripts I listed in an earlier post *should* work,
since those commands change the "current state" and
not the default configuration.

-Chris