[mythtv-users] SLow CD Reads

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Fri Mar 14 06:22:33 UTC 2003

I have the same problem. In addition, when playing from the cd in
mythmusic it will play for 3-5 seconds, pause, and play for another few
seconds and so on. I've been messing with dma settings (so far 0 and 1)
which seems to have no effect. I have also been messing with hdc boot
params. So far I've tried:
append="hdc=ide-scsi"
and
append="hdc=cdrom"

the first (which was the red hat default) didn't work at all. See my
previous mythmusic pleas.

the second got it sort of working but I still have these pauses.

let me know if you figure anything out.

cedar