[mythtv-users] MythShowtimes Module?

Rob Snow lists at dympna.com
Fri Mar 14 06:00:03 UTC 2003

(Warning) I am not a c++ programmer, I was a C programmer in a previous life

Okay, so I started poking around and found this example of how to make a really
simple browser, however, it is a 2.0 demo.  Can someone assist me in getting this
running under 3.1?

http://138.245.59.47/~leist/links/projects/docs/code/chapter10/KSimpleBrowser/

I've made the obvious changes (ktmainwindow --> kmainwindow) and I seem to be
getting somewhere, however, I bomb out with:

g++ -c -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I/include ksimplebrowser.cpp
ksimplebrowser.cpp:7: default argument given for parameter 3 of
`KSimpleBrowser::KSimpleBrowser(const char* = 0)'
ksimplebrowser.h:16: after previous specification in
`KSimpleBrowser::KSimpleBrowser(const char* = 0)'
ksimplebrowser.cpp: In constructor `KSimpleBrowser::KSimpleBrowser(const
char*)':
ksimplebrowser.cpp:9: no matching function for call to
`KMainWindow::KMainWindow(const char*&)'
/usr/include/kmainwindow.h:98: candidates are:
KMainWindow::KMainWindow(const KMainWindow&)
/usr/include/kmainwindow.h:131:
KMainWindow::KMainWindow(QWidget* = 0, const char* = 0, unsigned int = 65537)

Unfortunately, my lack of ability to grok c++ error messages and years away from
programming in general leaves me scratching my head.

Rob

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 21:52:01 -0600, Rob Snow wrote