[mythtv-users] Stuck at base 1

Malcolm Wotton malcolmwotton at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 22:10:29 UTC 2003

Ray,

Thanks again, I've decided to try and get to the bottom of this kernel
problem and build a new kernel based on the latest stable 2.40.20 build. The
latest that mandrake can supply is a 2.4.19. I tried this once today and now
my system won't boot at all so I may be some time! I guess until this is
sorted there's not much point looking for anything else.

Just for info the PCI latency is a BIOS setting not a software setting so it
applies equally to windows and linux and it controls how much time each PCI
card has access to the bus. It is mentioned on the Hauppage site.

Anyway if I am successful in building kernels and fixing the modules I'll
get back and let you know.

Malcolm