[mythtv-users] Increased CPU load whilst recording?

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 11 18:12:29 UTC 2003

>>>>> On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:47:35 +0000 (GMT), Dave <dave_fluff at yahoo.com> said:

d> Ah, yes, you're right.  Even still, without DEBUG, it's still hitting
d> 16-21%, which still isn't as good as it previously managed.

        What kind of hardware do you have and what kind of resolution
are you using?  I think you said "default mpeg4", but I see ~40-50%
CPU with 640x480 mpeg4 (~25-35% for 480x480) for live TV on a 1.8GHz
Athlon.  I think this is consistent with what other people have
reported.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net