[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase error

Pierre-Olivier Bouchard petecool at vl.videotron.ca
Sun Mar 9 21:17:18 UTC 2003

On Sun, 09 Mar 2003 14:41:32 -0500
Mike Wood <mike at woodsnest.com> wrote:

> >>Does MythTV need to be added to Mysql as a user?  Is that my
> >>problem?  If so, what's the easiest way to do that?

If you did the mysql < mc.sql part, it should have created its own user.
Are you running both mythtv and mysql on the same computer? Double-check /usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt (or wherever you installed mythtv) that it has the correct informations.

Also try running: mysql -u mythtv -p
Entering the password: mythtv
If you can do: \u mythconverg  , there shouldn't be any errors

> >>When I try to run mythfrontend, it comes up fine, but Watch TV locks up
> >>and if I go to Record a show, Myth just quits and the console says there
> >>is nothing in the database.  That's what has me thinking the fill
> >>process is crashing just before it actually writes the data to the database.

Yep, seems there's nothing in it. Which xmltv version are you using?

Pete