[mythtv-users] Re: [mythtv] non-Xv display support in CVS.

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Mar 9 03:46:01 UTC 2003

OK, so you can run it now with no warnings/errors displayed but then
you get the segfault when it does the getshm?

Can you try running mythfrontend and setting the NO_SHM
environment variable like I had you try when you first mentioned the
problem?  That will bypass the shared memory code but should still
display the video.  I'm curious whether this works or if there is
still an underlying problem with the window creation.

> > but based upon you putting the exit(0) as you said
> > below you confirmed
> > it's WSetWMProperties.
> >
> > Try commenting out the WSetWMProperties lines and
> > see how it runs then for
> > kicks.
> I realized I actually had the exit two or three lines
> up so the first part didn't actually apply. ;)
>
> But, I commented it out and it did get rid of the
> BadValue/BadWindows (so it was that after all), but I
> still get the getshm/segfault after the warning
> message.  So maybe all the BadValue/Windows are just a
> cosmetic problem anyway..?
>
> And I probably won't get a chance to test it again
> tonight (unless it's really late) so you have some
> time to think.
>
> Andy

Chris