[mythtv-users] ATI All In Wonder cards with MythTV

Justin A justin-myth at bouncybouncy.net
Fri Mar 7 22:52:08 UTC 2003

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 01:48:07AM -0500, Mike Pflugfelder wrote:
> Hi all,
>     After a few days of struggling with my machine and ATI All In Wonder
> card, I found myself at this list looking for error messages and reasons
> that my card wasn't recording or playing video.  Would some kind soul please
> confirm / deny that the All In Wonder cards, specifically an ATI AIW Rage
> 128 AGP card, that at this point, will not work with MythTV?
>     In addition, what capture cards are other users having success with?
> What's the easiest to setup if I'm going to spend the money on a new card?
>
> Thanks,
> -Mike Pflugfelder

I had used an AIW 64 a while ago with xawtv and it worked fine...

You do need the drivers from gatos.sf.net, which will give you a v4l
device for the card.  I can't say how well it would work with mythtv as
I had used it before mythtv existed :)

The reason why most people dont like them, is that the capture and tv
out won't work at the same time, so there is little reason to use them.

As other people pointed out the tv wonder works great, even with
btaudio.

--
-Justin