[mythtv-users] Sharing recorded shows

Ken Davis davisk at cox.net
Sun Mar 9 17:22:32 UTC 2003

The short answer is no.. The long answer is a bit more complex.. :)

I've done some digging.. There's an experimental driver that was created
as an offshoot to the gatos project (gatos.sourceforge.net) that
+theoretically+ would work, but there are some implementation specific
details that cause the card to be not the best for mythtv.

I managed to pick up a "TV Master" card, which employs a BT878 chipset
for recording, for about $50 USD, and it's worked beautifully thus far.
I can't recall the brand right now, but I picked it up from
http://www.spectrumperipherals.com.. Even came with a remote, though I
haven't tried to get it working yet.

Cheers,
Aaron