[mythtv-users] Linux TV-Out compatability?

Lego Andy me at andy.cx
Fri Mar 7 01:53:32 UTC 2003

Hi Derek,

I have similar card. It works fine except I see a black stripe on each
side of screen. Kind of annoying, but I haven't have a time to figure
out how to get full screen. Maybe somebody on the list will
suggest. In general, all you do is get the nvidia drivers for linux,
rebuild kernel and start X.

Here are related sections from my XF86Config-4 file:

Section "Module"
        Load    "GLcore"
        Load    "bitmap"
        Load    "dbe"
        Load    "ddc"
        Load    "dri"  # Does not work on ATI
        Load    "extmod"
        Load    "freetype"
        Load    "glx"
        Load    "int10"
        Load    "record"
        Load    "speedo"
        Load    "type1"
        Load    "vbe"
        Load    "v4l"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Generic Video Card"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        Option "NvAGP" "1"
#       Option "TwinView"
#       Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "30-50"
#       Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60"
#       Option "MetaModes" "1024x768, 1024x768; 800x600, 800x600; 640x480, 640x
        Option "TVOut" "true"
        Option "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
        Option "crt_screen" "true"
        Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "TV"
        HorizSync       30-50
        VertRefresh     60
EndSection

        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           24
                #Modes          "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
                Modes           "800x600"
        EndSubSection

Looks good?

If I have something strange, please correct me.

		    Andy