[mythtv-users] Darwin, anyone?

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Thu Mar 6 20:50:16 UTC 2003

>>>>> On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:43:19 -0500, "Joseph A. Caputo" <jcaputo1 at comcast.net> said:

j> Has anyone tried to build/run Myth on Darwin/OSX?  I'm trying to set up
j> an iBook as a frontend.  I already have QT3 installed from the Fink
j> project.

        I have the frontend up on my PowerBook but it's running Linux
though.  There were a number of endianness patches required to make it
work.  Unfortunately, MythTV development is pretty fast (and I'm not)
so I'm still working on catching up and merging with the latest source
changes before I can try to submit a patch.

        I haven't gotten the Altivec code in libavcodec working so the
400MHz G4 is almost maxed out decoding 480x480 mpeg4.  (Oh, and just
for kicks, I find that my 802.11b network can't quite keep up with a
~1500 bitrate stream.)

	Last I looked, the Fink qt3 build didn't have the MySQL
extensions.  Fink does have MySQL so it may not be too difficult to
add.  Then again, the qt3 package maintainer says there's ~20K worth
of patches to make qt3 work.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net