[mythtv-users] rpms for Mandrake

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Wed Mar 5 18:15:21 UTC 2003

At 09:42 AM 3/5/2003 -0800, skeeterskip wrote:
>It doesn't matter if I am looged in as root or not, I
>still get the same "cannot connect to X server."

Could you explain your difficulty in a bit more detail? Specifically ...

Under what userid are you running X?

When you say "but when I type mythtv,  it says cannot connect to X server",
where are you "typing" mythtv (it should be in an xterm in the X server,
with the same userid that the X server is running under)?

Does typing "mythfrontend" in a suitable xterm give you a better result?