[mythtv-users] MythTV without TV card

Tom van Wietmarschen aaargh at deepthought.student.utwente.nl
Tue Mar 4 18:25:39 UTC 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 12:14:47PM -0600, Unit3 wrote:
> Tom van Wietmarschen wrote:
>
> >Is it possible to run MythTV without a TV tuner card ?
> >I just want a pc to watch downloaded movies, dvd's and mp3's,
> >the files will be uploaded to the machine using samba.
> >

> I don't forsee any problems doing this, as long as you don't try to run
> the "watch tv" module. ;)

I've got a couple of avi and mpeg files in /media/video I've set the video path
to /media/video but mythtv doesn't show the files in the 'watch a recording' menu.
I guess they need to be added to the database ?

Another problem: mythmusic won't compile because of a missing qarray.h , should
this be included in qt3 because it only seems available in qt3-embedded.

Tom