[mythtv-users] rpms for Mandrake

skeeterskip skeeterskip at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 19:40:56 UTC 2003

Part of what makes SCSI disks so much faster in high load situations is
that the data doesn't have to pass through the CPU as it does under IDE.
Buying a faster CPU or a 7200rpm IDE disk won't alter this truth.

I'm often surprised at how much of my laptop's CPU is consumed by tasks
like burning CDs.  It stands to reason that Myth imposes much higher load.

If you can't afford big SCSI, I bet you'd still benefit from putting your
LiveTV buffer on a small SCSI disk and using cheap IDE for recordings.

#if Watteel Pascal /* Mar 03, 12:31 */
#endif /* pascal.watteel at winlin.be */