[mythtv-users] Asus A7N266-VM was: Installed and Working

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Sat Mar 1 16:06:54 UTC 2003

> Think your right that it defaults to 3 but I'd be interested to know if
> manually setting it to 1 or 2 has a positive effect :)
>
> You use a Asus A7S333, right? Did you set both CONFIG_AGP and
> CONFIG_AGP_SIS when compiling your kernel?

My Myth box is actually a A7N266-VM. I had initially did testing on my
workstation which has a A7S333. Setting NvAGP to '1' fixed the AGPGART
errors during boot, but /proc still shows AGP as disabled. Not sure if
that's how it's supposed to be or not. The reason I looked at this is
that I noticed slight jerkyness in the Goom visualization. Nothing too
serious. It's probably just that the onboard video can't keep up.

Joe