[mythtv-users] another mythencode.pl error

mojo mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Mon Jun 30 13:00:38 EDT 2003

i have come really close with a few of my mencoder runs... i am pretty
picky... several times i've had usable files but quality was low...
its all the ones with out-of-sync audio that puzzled me...

my best run was i think actually a 3-pass encode i did loosely following
the mencoder docs guide for 3 pass.. had to add -idx and lavcdeint of
course... cant remember if i did that on both 2nd and 3rd pass.. i think
i did... resulting file was well-synced but i ditched it because the
bit/pixel ratio came out too low and the video was grainy when full
screened on my 1280x1024 desktop... i think part of my problem is that i
record straight to mpeg4 not with rtjpeg which is what i think most
people are doing...

Sean

p.s. noticed the fix in CVS ;-)