[mythtv-users] Re:Newbie Hardware Questions

Joseph H. Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Jun 30 05:04:51 EDT 2003

Why would you need a faster machine?... The card is doing all the
encoding work, all the processor is responsible for is decoding (if it's
a front end machine) and other minimal tasks.

If you properly optimize the machine for myth, there will be very little
processor utilization beyond the decoding tasks, which will comfortably
run on a p2-600

Hell, I'd be willing to bet that a p2-600 could run 2-3 PVR 250's if it
were configured as backend only.

Joe

Nvidia