[mythtv-users] problem using mythtv with xinerama

Daniel Paessler paessler at gmx.de
Sun Jun 29 19:26:02 EDT 2003

i set up my box with nvidias twinview and have 2 xineramascreens,
first is my monitor, running at 1152x864, second is my tv, running
at 800x600. this works great, when i launch mplayer with the option
xineramascreen 1, i get fullscreen video on my tv.
the problem is mythtv. i told it to use xineramascreen 1 and it gives me
this at startup:

Found 2 Xinerama Screens.
Using screen 1, 800x600+1152+0

sounds good, but doesn't work, the mythtv screen appears on my monitor
at a resolution of 800x600 and nothing happens on my tv.

when i leave the option xineramascreen 0 in setup, then mythtv opens
on my monitor, showing the main menu. when i switch to xineramascreen 1,
mythtv also starts on monitor, but no menu appears, just the blank
background.

any ideas what's wrong here? need extra informations or config files?

thanks in advance,
daniel

--
Daniel Paessler <paessler at gmx.de>