[mythtv-users] Problems running setup

James Wilson jwilson1 at stargate.net
Sun Jun 29 11:27:27 EDT 2003

Hello to all,

New to the list/project so please bear with me. I have read all I could find
and installed mythtv on both my laptop and an Allwell STB (The eventual
target)

On the laptop I have no input devices, on the Allwell I have a bttv card for
input and a realmagic em84xx mpeg decoder, but more on that at a later date.

Enough of the intro (and boring you to death :)

I can run setup on the laptop just fine, but on the Allwell I get an "Illegal
Instruction" after the initial two questions about clearing the database.
This is at the point where it is trying to setup the menu.

Have anyone seen this?
Any suggestions welcome.