[mythtv-users] BUG: xmltv? Channot change channel / Bad Data

dennis at demarco.com dennis at demarco.com
Sat Jun 28 11:06:26 EDT 2003

I believe I found a bug in mythfilldatabase. I am not sure if it's because
of the data it gets back from xmltv or not. Here is the specifics:

ZipCode 33071
Cable Company: Adv Coral Springs Cable (Choice 1) Choice 2 is for Digtital
channel listing.

Problem: mythfilldatabase or another program is populating the column
channum in the channel database with incorrect channel #'s / unparsed
channel information.

Sample data for column channum:

C2wpb
C3hbo
C4wfo
C5wam
C6wtv

MythTV has no idea what numerical channel that is. The following error
is reported:

Channel: '' was not found in the database.
Most likely, the default channel set for this input
(1 Tuner 0 )
in setup is wrong
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range.
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range.
Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None
Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None
Changing from None to None

How I fixed (temp)

I replaced the channum with a numerical channel data.
ie C2wpb with the number 2. Went down the channel list replacing them
with numericals

Mythtv then worked correctly when changing channels.

My guess next database load tonight it will trash my channel listings.
again.

Any fixes/ help advice? Thanks

- Dennis