[mythtv-users] PVR recordings to DVD

Justin Mayfield mayfield at mc702.org
Fri Jun 27 15:09:27 EDT 2003

3.6GB /hr sounds like 8Mbit avg 16Mbit peak settings, which are the
defaults for the ivtv driver.  I assume you are using this;  Just send
the ioctl via "test_ioctl" to turn the bit rate down to a lower level,
and you can easily double, triple, quad, etc the amount of video per
disc based on your willingness to accept lower quality.

JM