[mythtv-users] Always missing first couple seconds of show

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Fri Jun 27 12:21:36 EDT 2003

I've got my MythTV system set to keep its clock synchronized using ntpdate.
  But I guess my local TV time is slightly off from where I'm synchronizing
to, since I always miss the very first 10 seconds or so of every show I
record.

Since there doesn't seem to be any "pre-roll" option in MythTV, what do you
folks do to get the whole show recorded?    Set your system clock slightly
fast?     If so, is there an option for ntpdate to offset your system time
by a specified amount from the master server?

thanks for any ideas.
-WD