SV: [mythtv-users] Re:Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound distortion withALSA

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Fri Jun 27 08:22:03 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 03:32, Peter Wallin wrote:
> The message you're quoting only seems to mention problems with
> playback. I only (sometimes) get distortion when recording audio,
> playback is flawless.
>
> But maybe they are related problems. If so, that's too bad. Anyone
> have a suggestion for a cheap sound card with digital out that will
> work 100 % with mythtv?

Sure!  SoundBlaster Live 5.1 (the generic version!)
Available at your local computer ship, mine is the
manuals-on-cd-in-pdf-format, comes-with-neither-box-nor-cables version.

$35 in total, and all I needed was the 2-wire spdif cable, SP/DIF to RCA
(stereo) adapter, and a digital coax cable (looks like an RCA cable).
Once that's all hooked up, I tweaked my ALSA setup a little and I'm
golden!

	-I
--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME