[mythtv-users] TV-Out with Matrox Marvel G400-TV

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Fri Jun 27 07:34:47 EDT 2003

I cannot be quite certain from what you write, but it appears that you are
using either the standard X driver or the Open Source alternative to it
(the one from http://www.bglug.ca/matrox_tvout/g450_tvout_howto.html). If
so, your problem is most likely the wrong choice of X server.

For this card, I believe you want to be using the proprietary X driver that
Matrox released. For information and download, go to this URL:

http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/files/lnx_21.cfm

BTW, the MythTV HowTo does not mention your card as working with Myth. From
the information at the Matrox site, I'd guess it will work just fine, and
it is not in the HowTo only because the list has not received any reports
from anyone who uses it. So if you do get it to work, you might post a
followup mentioning how, so the info can be added to the HowTo.

Apologies if I have misread your description.