[mythtv-users] X output to TV not working?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Jun 26 12:37:57 EDT 2003

Nick Stephens wrote:
> Short story: TV Out works during bootup (Redhat 9 install), service
> startup, console login.  When I startx, the screen goes completely white,

Every card that has tvout will display VGA test at boot time.
However, If you want graphic output, X11 in this case, you need
support for that. The ATI drivers that are included with X know
nothing about tvout. You need to build and install the GATOS ati.2
from the "devel" branch of their CVS to get tvout support for X.

Go to http://gatos.sourceforge.net/ . You can pose and further
questions you might have about this to the GATOS folks.

--  bjm