[mythtv-users] My next server case

Tupshin Harper tupshin at tupshin.com
Thu Jun 26 09:18:12 EDT 2003

Robert Kulagowski wrote:

>Are all those drives going to be within cable distance of the IDE
>ports?  (if you're not using SCSI, that is)

A very good question, and I can only answer: I think(hope) so. Given the
case dimensions (23" X 15" X 21"), and the fact that four of the drives
will be connected via a PCI card which I can put in the most convenient
physical location, I'm reasonably optimistic that I won't have to exceed
an 18" cable length. On that note, though, does anybody have experience
with longer cables? I see some people selling rounded 36" ATA133 cables
which would certainly be long enough, but they exceed the normal specs.

I forgot to mention that this site also has some interesting "frontend"
cases, e.g.:
http://www.aaronix.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/22_38/products_id/670

-Tupshin