[mythtv-users] digital satellite WinTV-Nexus-s

Joseph H. Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Jun 26 02:57:22 EDT 2003

Another thought along these lines... a tivo uses Linux and I assume the
DirecTV receivers with tivo built in don't go decoding and
re-encoding... I wonder if you were to buy such a receiver, and hack
around with the tivo portion of it, if you could then capture that same
mpeg data and stream it out to your mythtv system.

Just a thought... I'll try and see if it's being done.  I feel a night
of web-crawling coming on.

Joe