[mythtv-users] digital satellite WinTV-Nexus-s

Joseph H. Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Jun 26 02:38:13 EDT 2003

At some point in every DirectTV receiver the signal is pure unencrypted
MPEG... from what I understand, most receivers use the same chip to
decode the mpeg stream and output it to the video out lines.  If one
were to intercept this signal before it is decoded and reroute it to a
pc you would essentially have direct access to the digital data... of
course you would need to not only hack up your receiver, but also likely
build a custom card to interface with your pc.... not an easy task I'm
sure.

Joe