[mythtv-users] gentoo, mythtv, and mythweb... 2 minor issues...

mOjO mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Wed Jun 25 21:38:20 EDT 2003

Jeremy Johnson wrote:
> --- mOjO <mojospam at thegeekclub.net> wrote:
>
>>my issues in order of importance (to me at least):
>>
>>1.>  i want to patch mplayer so i can use the
>>mythencode.pl, but i am a
>>bit confused by the whole ebuild thing.. i mean i
>>know how to install
>>stuff with emerge but how do i patch the ebuild? or
>>I should just ask
>>what is the easiest way to accomplish my goal of
>>using mythencode.pl to
>>dump the .NUV's to something else in gentoo?
>>
>>Thanks in advance... you guys have been awesome at
>>helping me so far.
>>
>>mOjO
>

> Hi there mOjO,
>
> Probably the best thing to do in this situation is to
> make your own ebuild and put it in your
> PORTDIR_OVERLAY.  All you need to do is copy the
> mplayer ebuild and all the relevant parts from the
> files dir.  Also copy the patch for mplayer to support
> NUV files into the newly created files dir.  Then all
> you need to do is edit your overlay ebuild to use the
> patch.
>
> I've actually been thinking about doing this for some
> time now, but I didn't think there was much of a
> demand.

go for it... i would be happy to test it for ya.

   If you would like I should be able to turn it
> out tonight, that is of course, unless you want to
> take a stab at it :-)

im hardly knowledgeable enough to write an ebuild yet... i did grab the
tar.bz2 of mplayer from emerge unpack it, patch it, and compile it
fine... i can now export the NUV's with mencoder via the mythencode.pl
which is slick...

mOjO