[mythtv-users] DRAFT of proposed new FAQ (or HowTo section)

Keat Lim mythtv at keatlim.com
Wed Jun 25 22:10:51 EDT 2003

Going through the HOWTO for two distributions (RH9 and Mandrake9.1) in
under a week has been a ride. The information in there are all good but
highly disorganized (and nobody is to blame).

One thing I would love to see is a seperate installation guide for each
distribution then seperate them by the version. I was reading and
re-reading each section to make sure I did not miss and sometimes can get
a little bit confusing when there's instructions for Mandrake 9.0 and do I
follow them when I'm 9.1....?

For the rest of the problems I had were mostly just problems that were
outside of MythTV and how open source also means you're never guranteed to
get things to work with the hardware you have... What would be nice is if
there was a set of hardware like a Mini-ITX w/ PVR-250 and all you'll need
is a hdd and then the setup is to just download a MythTV ISO and you're
all set!