[mythtv-users] Does MythTV need a Beginner's FAQ Collection?

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 16:18:20 EDT 2003

From: "Ray Olszewski" <ray at comarre.com>
>From reading the list for the past few months, I
>think the list of 10
>questions below represents the core of a Beginner's
>FAQ list. From the
>draft I'm circulating for item 4, and the revisions
>I offered to the HowTo
>for item 5, you can get a sense of how I approach
>writing this stuff. I
>would try to keep this around 10 questions, and
>resist the tendency to
>bloat FAQ collections with RAQs (Rarely-Asked
>Questions, that is) and make
>it a jumble or unorganized Q&As (like the existing
>Myth FAQ).

I know you were on me for being terse ('twas
intentional; 'twas a draft :-), but I would suggest
making it 15 or 20 questions and keep the answers
as short as possible without being brusque.  Too
terse is bad, but too verbose can be even worse.
When I see a multi-paragraph, multi-page answer to
a 7 word question, my eyes tend to glaze over, and
then we're back to the [insert criticism of docs]
problem.

-Dennis