[mythtv-users] Buggy qmake in qt 3.1.1 (was: can't find blue)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 25 22:11:50 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 01:56:15PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 June 2003 01:44 pm, Ray Olszewski wrote:
> > Then I am confused. I just rechecked my un-tar'd directory of the
> > mythtv-0.9.1.tar.bz2 tarball, which I downloaded yesterday from
> > the Myth site. In its themes subdirectory, it still includes both
> > "blue" and "liquid", so I assume that they too still work (I'm not
> > actually running 0.9 yet). Is the *only* way to get them by
> > downloading the entire tarball (or CVS)?
>
> If they (blue and liquid) are not being distributed in the mandrake
> or redhat rpms, that's a bug and should be reported to the guys that
> built them.  They do come with the .debs.

The Red Hat rpms do contain these two themes, as well as the photo
theme and they are even working. ;)

But he wasn't using packaged myth, he build it for himself, and
stumbled over a known bug of a buggy qt/qmake shipped with Red Hat 9:

http://lists.snowman.net/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2003-April/008520.html
http://lists.snowman.net/pipermail/mythtv-users/2003-May/003707.html

Matt Zimmerman replied to one thread stating that Debian has a patched
qmake, so you won't hit the bug there.

For those not wishing to go rpm, here is the workaround used in
building them:

for dir in %{_bindir} %{_libdir}/mythtv/filters %{_datadir}/mythtv/themes/blue %{_includedir}/mythtv; do
  mkdir -p %{buildroot}$dir
done

Replace the macros with their obvious values and run it befoe make
install.

Unfortunatly any new directories entering myth* need to be monitored
and mkdired by hand, or a patched qmake used for building. :(
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de