[mythtv-users] gentoo, mythtv, and mythweb... 2 minor issues...

Jeremy Johnson sp_towelie at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 08:47:42 EDT 2003

--- mOjO <mojospam at thegeekclub.net> wrote:

> my issues in order of importance (to me at least):
>
> 1.>  i want to patch mplayer so i can use the
> mythencode.pl, but i am a
> bit confused by the whole ebuild thing.. i mean i
> know how to install
> stuff with emerge but how do i patch the ebuild? or
> I should just ask
> what is the easiest way to accomplish my goal of
> using mythencode.pl to
> dump the .NUV's to something else in gentoo?
>
> Thanks in advance... you guys have been awesome at
> helping me so far.
>
> mOjO

Hi there mOjO,

Probably the best thing to do in this situation is to
make your own ebuild and put it in your
PORTDIR_OVERLAY.  All you need to do is copy the
mplayer ebuild and all the relevant parts from the
files dir.  Also copy the patch for mplayer to support
NUV files into the newly created files dir.  Then all
you need to do is edit your overlay ebuild to use the
patch.

I've actually been thinking about doing this for some
time now, but I didn't think there was much of a
demand.  If you would like I should be able to turn it
out tonight, that is of course, unless you want to
take a stab at it :-)

-- Jeremy