[mythtv-users] mythencode.pl bug (for me anyway) plz add to FAQ

mOjO mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Wed Jun 25 08:22:30 EDT 2003

ok i'm realllllly tired so this will be short and make very little
sense... i'm no linux guru... in fact i'm a total boob at it, but i had
to edit and fix mythencode.pl before it would work for me.

i dont know what screwy version of NICE i'm using (whatever comes with
Gentoo these days) well.. ok i'll check... nice (GNU sh-utils) 2.0.15

ok.. so my version of nice wasnt liking the $nicestr which was "nice
$nice " but i had to change to be "nice -n $nice "

looks like this now:

$nicestr="";
if ($nice) {
                   $nicestr="nice -n $nice ";
}

and also there were some lines that were prematurely ended (without the
slash) so i just made them all one line. i thought that one must have
been a fluke so i pulled a fresh copy of mythencode.pl out of the
tarball and it was the same.

i'm speaking of these lines:

$pass1="$nicestr $mencoder -idx $path$show.nuv -fps $fps -oac mp3lame
-lameopts vbr=3:br=$aud_br -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=$vid_br:vhq:v4mv -vop lavcdeint,scale=$scale
-aspect 4:3 -o $outname.avi";
                   print "\tPASS ONE=$pass1\n";

i know emailing this is gonna ruin it but if you go look you'll see for
yourselves.

anyway... i'm sure all this was a breeze to correct for you guys (or you
never had the need) but it took me too long to figure out.. i think it
should be given a mention on the FAQ or documentation.  That section
still refers to mplayer_RC1 and a totally diferent patch file name anyway.

Thanks for listening,
mOjO