[mythtv-users] DRAFT of proposed new FAQ (or HowTosection) (multiple sound cards)

Dane Kantner webmaster at cmtweb.com
Wed Jun 25 01:16:53 EDT 2003

> You need two DSPs. That could be two soundcards, one soundcard
> and a capture card's DSP with btaudio, or my favorite trick, one
> sound card and the on-board audio chip for its DSP only.

Well, thanks for answering that... After reading all of the hoofla of people
trying to get btaudio working, and many having poor audio problems, I'm left
wondering why more people don't just spend another $20 on another sound
card....

My entire issue is i bought a case that takes low profile cards, and the
ones that support btaudio are limited in this arena (afaik?)..  there are
plenty of low profile sound cards avail., so this would be an "easier"
solution maybe

i'm not at the point of needing two tuners yet, im just working to get one
going good still..but im trying to plan

re,
-dane