[mythtv-users] Font size in Guide and Recordings (and various other rants)

Eni Gma enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Tue Jun 24 23:33:13 EDT 2003

thor wrote:

>On Wednesday 25 June 2003 02:59 am, Eni Gma wrote:
>

>>Issue 1:
>>Is there a way to change the size of the font in the Program Guide and
>>the Watch Recordings page?  I have the QtFont* settings at fairly high
>>values (28, 30, 32), and when I am in the setup screens the font is more
>>than readable on my TV.  However, when browsing through the program
>>guide or through previously recorded programs, the font is very small
>>and unreadable.  I have searched through the setup screens (and also the
>>list) to determine if anyone else has this problem, but I haven't seen
>>anyone else complain of this.  Is this a quirk with my systems or am I
>>overlooking something?
>>

>	One problem with fonts can be what X thinks your display size is. Do a
>"xdpyinfo | grep inch". If it's very far from 100x100, you probably want to
>change your DisplaySize settings in the Monitor section of your XFree86
>config file to make X do 100x100 dpi.
>
>- thor

Thank you sooooo much, that made a huge difference.  My display size was
set to 320    240, which yielded "resolution:    63x63 dots per inch".
 I changed it to 180    120, which now yields "resolution:    112x126
dots per inch" and makes a huge difference in the display size of the
fonts.  I wasn't aware of what the option did, so I have always left it
alone.  Thank you again for the help.

P.S. you may want to check your system clock or timezone, your message
seemed to come in 2 hours before my message was originally posted.