[mythtv-users] MythMusic, weird behavior

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 20:36:01 EDT 2003

1. I was wondering if there is a way to speed up the shuffle system? I have
a AMD 2400 running at a 2700 level, and when I hit next while playing an mp3
with any shuffle option on it takes about 6 seconds to process my command as
I see the screen freeze. My playlist is pretty large, about 1300 songs but
it shouldn't affect it that much. Going back and forth withoutout shuffle is
instant.

2. Random crashes, I haven't pinpointed how this happens yet, nor have the
error but once in a while when I enter mythmusic's play music, it will start
to play a song but freeze before the actual playlist fills on the screen. At
this point the console that is running mythfrontend crashes so there goes my
visual or log reports and I can't even kill the process. The one song will
play through then stop, and all that is on the screen is the myth theme and
a couple boxes for the mythmusic layout but no data or status. The only
resolution is to reboot the computer lol. If I find out more I will post it.

3. I still haven't figured out how to get my playlist to display sorted by
artists on the left using the same technics the rest of myth does with the
layouts. The option "Show entire music tree" in the player options of
mythmusic has no effect. Everytime I start myth up fresh I have to go select
all my music in "select music" then I goto "play music" and that's it. Could
my mythmusic db be messed up, or not functioning right to cause this?

While I'm posting does anyone know if MythGallery has a zoom feature? This
would be a nice addon for it.

Thanks for the insight in advance,
Chris