[mythtv-users] DRAFT of proposed new FAQ (or HowTo section)

Michael Greb mikegrb at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 24 17:17:35 EDT 2003

> Is btaudio the part that deals with audio capture via the tv card
> itself?
> I'm using an external video source (set-top box) so I've plugged
> the video
> into the tv card but I'm capturing the audio via my sound-card.
> This may
> worth mentioning regarding cards that don't support btaudio.

btaudio is the ability to capture the audio stream through the tuner
card, without using the soundcard.  Very useful for multi-tuner
systems.  Without btaudio you can still use an external input and
the tuner card will pass the external audio through to it's audio
output, which plugs into the sound card (such as in your situation).

Michael