[mythtv-users] ALSA and PVR-350

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 24 18:17:27 EDT 2003

Sort of... if you have a separate backend, you don't need any sound card
(ergo, nor drivers) in that box.  You still need a sound card (and drivers)
in your frontend box(es).  In that case, you could probably get by with the
kernel standard OSS sound drivers, though duplex is not the *only* reason
for preferring ALSA... you may or may not get better output sound
performance from ALSA.

-JAC