[mythtv-users] Video out & a stereo

David Watson dwatson at eecs.umich.edu
Tue Jun 24 16:47:21 EDT 2003

> The only problem I still have is that it is causing some sort of
> feedback to the stereo, and other video sources I try to use will
> have screen issues if the computer is hooked up to the TV.

Could be a ground loop between your incoming tv signal and the
electrical system.  This is a common problem when the cable TV line
isn't properly grounded. I used to get a slow scrolling horizontal bar
across my television, and a slight hum.

See http://www.epanorama.net/documents/groundloop/antenna_isolator.html

I tried using a MAGIC box, but it caused about as much noise as it
fixed.  The right solution was to make a better connection between
the cable and the house grounding system.

David