[mythtv-users] PVR-350, Edit mode, and bookmarks...

Desmond Rivet desmond_rivet at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 16:22:08 EDT 2003

>On Tuesday 24 June 2003 10:13 am, Desmond Rivet wrote:
> > Furthermore, the keys.txt file indicates that pressing "Space" or
>"Enter"
> > will insert a bookmark into the recording. I tried this and, indeed,
>MythTV
> > says the position is saved, but when I watch the recording again, I do
>not
> > "automatically jump forward to this point and clear the bookmark" as
> > indicated in the file.
> >
> > I would imagine this has something to do with the file format. Perhaps
>this
> > functionality is not yet supported. Any help is appreciated.
>
>Both of those features work here on -350 recordings.  Just to verify,
>you're
>doing this on completely finished recordings, not ones that are in
>progress,
>right?  Editing and saving position are tied to getting a complete
>seektable,
>which happens once the recording has finished..

I would assume the recording is completely finished, yes. I set MythTV to
record one instance of a program. It did this and it stopped (I assume),
because I was able to watch Live TV afterwards. No "All inputs are taken"
message like when I stop a manual recording.

As to whether the seektable is complete or not, I couldn't say...

I recorded this program off of the Program Guide if that helps. I believe I
used the "Record only this instance of the show" option.

Thanks!

Desmond