[mythtv-users] Re: Converting .nuv files (RJV)

RJV miracle at procyon.com
Tue Jun 24 01:17:42 EDT 2003

> Thus spake RJV:
> > I'm using mythtv 0.9.1 to create the compressed .nuv files (not the pure
> > rtjpeg files).  I'm trying to use transcode from the command line to work,
> > but this is the error I get:
>
> MythTV doesn't use standard NUV files.  See:
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-19.html#ss19.1
> for information on a patch to mplayer to allow it to use the MythTV
> generated files.

I'm aware that the standard NUV files aren't used.  I'm not sure as to the
reason for that, but I would like to convert at least some of these shows
into formats that can be more globally viewed.  I thought transcode would
do it, but it doesn't recognize the nuv file as an nuv file, likely
because of the above reason.

How does one go about converting the mpeg4 nuv files that mythtv creates
into a format that is more globally understood?

-- RJV --					..ooOO miracle at procyon.com

-- Institution of Postgraduate Education - Graduation 2001
-- Institution of Undergraduate Education - Alumnus 1997

The opinions expressed in any email originating from this account are the
sole opinions of the author.  They do not reflect the opinions or policies
of any institution or individuals other than myself.